Driving safely should be your top priority when you’re behind the wheel. With more distractions than ever, it’s important to know basic safe driving practices.
Focus on Driving
- No multi-tasking. Give 100% of your attention to driving at all times.
- Don’t use mobile devices while driving.
- Maintain a safe speed. Going too fast gives you less time to react.
- Be aware of what other drivers and pedestrians are doing.
- Keep a safe two-second cushion between you and the vehicle in front of you, increasing this time if driving in inclement weather.
- Plan for food and rest stops on your trip. This will decrease the urge to speed in order to arrive on time.
- Ensure that you are well rested before driving.
- Secure any items that may move around while driving, and don’t attempt to reach for items that shift or fall.
- Always wear your seat belt and drive sober and drug free.
If you have additional questions regarding auto safety, contact The Hollis Law Firm today!
The Hollis Law Firm
8595 Beechmont Avenue, Ste 105
Cincinnati, Ohio USA 45255