Driving safely should be your top priority when you’re behind the wheel. With more distractions than ever, it’s important to know basic safe driving practices.
Focus on Driving
- No multi-tasking. Give 100% of your attention to driving at all times.
- Don’t use mobile devices while driving.
- Maintain a safe speed. Going too fast gives you less time to react.
- Be aware of what other drivers and pedestrians are doing.
- Keep a safe two-second cushion between you and the vehicle in front of you, increasing this time if driving in inclement weather.
- Plan for food and rest stops on your trip. This will decrease the urge to speed in order to arrive on time.
- Ensure that you are well rested before driving.
- Secure any items that may move around while driving, and don’t attempt to reach for items that shift or fall.
- Always wear your seat belt and drive sober and drug free.
The Hollis Law Firm
8595 Beechmont Avenue, Ste 105
Cincinnati, Ohio USA 45255